Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Mid Day Freak Out

I started my brand new, fancy job in New York about a month ago.

It was one of those fairy tale-type situations. I was in the right place at the right time and talking to the right person. It was the first time that an employer actually wanted me for my talents, instead of me having to jump through a bunch of hoops to prove that I'm talented (the jury is still out on that one but a fair amount of people seem to think it's true). Two weeks later, a very nice job offer was made and I accepted it. A week after that, I packed my bags and moved to New York.

Since starting my brand new, fancy job, I've been doing lots of brand new fancy job things--lunches, drinks, parties, etc. There have been press releases and articles about me and my brand new, fancy job. And until half an hour ago, I was generally feeling pretty good about things.

Then my boss resigned.

This could have a tremendous effect on my position. This could have no effect on my position at all. It's just too early to tell right now.

All I know right now is that my stomach hurts. A lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home