Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fun With Photos

spiceboy, upon recently viewing several completely humiliating pictures of me from grade school, including the one from my last post, could not help but make the following hair comparison, which I felt compelled to share with you all today:

Me, circa 1984




















As an aside here, please note my sister, also pictured, who appears to have normal little girl hair. Which begs the questions: Did my mother hate me? Is my sister truly the favorite child?

Anyway, on with the comparison...

Eddie Van Halen, circa 1984


















However, upon viewing the above photo comparison with his eagle eye, Dear Friend ABS weighed in with the assertion that my hair is much more Barry Gibb than Eddie Van Halen:















Since my mother was in charge of all of my hair and clothing choices in those days, I guess the mystery of the origins of my unsavory haircut will remain locked in her heart forever. But since she was, and is, a huge Bee Gees fan, I think it's safe to assume she was going for Gibb over Van Halen.


So that's it. My humiliation is your viewing pleasure. Have a lovely Thursday!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side - at least you were in GRADE SCHOOL and pretty much at the mercy of your elders.

There were those of us who actually went to the hair salon and REQUESTED that hair style.

I'm so embarrassed now I could cry.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a bowl cut, literally. My gramma put a bowl on my head some time around 1985 and cut around it. Later, when I was growing it out, my mom gave me a mushroom. It's the accepted form of child abuse.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Pigtails and ponytails. Constantly.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is more the Van Halen look.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you know you and Drea are now on the "wall of sisters" at Fit Sisters Gym now!!!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Natalie Devoe said...

Mwuahaha! Priceless. I love this post.

However, your 1980's feminine man hairdo' is nothing in comparison to the Billy Ray Cyrus mullet I had circa 1991.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home