Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

The stress level at work has now been at Code Red for as long as I can remember, culminating last week in a string of mini frustrations and major catastrophes.

Several projects were on the verge of falling apart.

Authors were calling and crying.

Agents were calling and yelling.

Every time I tried to use an office machine, be it photocopier, printer, or fax, it would jam or break, prompting many dirty looks from my coworkers. Repairmen were called. Numerous times.

Everything I was working on was super late.

And just to make things consistent, my period followed suit, leaving me a stressed, bloated, hormonal mess.

But I finally got my period this morning.

And the projects that were falling apart last week are slowly but surely getting resolved.

I even managed to use both the printer and the photocopier today without breaking them.

Finally, my coworker just informed me she can get me a 40% discount on anything I want from Anthropologie.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!