Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Who Smells Bad? I Smell Bad.

So yesterday I went to see my dermatologist, who prescribed me a new face wash and cream that’s supposed to reduce redness.

I was so excited to get up and use it this morning—sure that we I would see less “rose” in my rosey cheeks immediately.

Well, it doesn’t work that fast. And you know what else?

The face wash is sulfur-based.

Which means it smells like rotten eggs.

Which means that I smell like rotten eggs.

Even after re-washing w/ my normal face wash and applying liberal amounts of face cream and liberal sprays of vanilla scented perfume, I still smell like rotten eggs.

Lovely.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, to counter that, every time you enter a room, just wave your hand and yell 'Oh my god...who farted?" Then blame will be placed elsewhere with none the wiser.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's so crappy! My favorite skin stuff from Sephora is sulfur based too... I feel your pain!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

AHHH DOCTORS SUCK!

Or. Um. Doctors who prescribe sulfur-based creams suck! :(

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi eastsidegirl! I'm a long-time reader of Erin's. Never met her, but that's beside the point.

Nice blog. I'm a publishing industry vet. 3 years in children's at Penguin and then a year in international rights at Scholastic. Now I work in higher ed. Different kind of crazy.

I think I used the same facial cleanser. I couldn't take the smell. Have you tried any of the new Eucerin line. Once you get past the fact that it's green - and therefore supposed to counter the redness, it's nice stuff. Doesn't smell.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really appreciate people like you who take their chance in such an excellent way to give an impression on certain topics. Thanks for having me here.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home