Friday, November 25, 2005

The Two Adjectives I've Always Longed to Hear

A few days ago, I went out to dinner with spiceboy, his mom, and various other members of the Spice Family.

I love going out with the Spice Family, b/c they all speak Chinese to each other. You might think this would be a stressful situation for a white girl like myself, who's only language is gramatically incorrect English, but it's actually quite refreshing. Because everyone is speaking Chinese, there is very little pressure for me to make conversation and very little chance I'll say something that will make me look like a moron in front of my future extended family. So it's actually a great situation for me.

So we're out to dinner, and spiceboy's mom was talking in Chinese to a Spice Cousin and I heard her say my name. spiceboy looked up at me from across the table and said, "Do you know what my mom just said?"

"No. What?"

"She said you're tall and skinny."

Now let me put this into perspective: I'm 5'4, and spiceboy's mom doesn't even clear 5 feet. But still, I'll take the compliments where I can get them.

Have I mentioned how much I love my future mother-in-law?

1 Comments:

Blogger Spicy Law Girl said...

I'm 5'6, I love heels, and I have a 5'11+ standard for guys.

My guy friends always tell me I'm not tall and to stop pretending.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home