Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pronouns

Ever since I found out I was pregnant, we've been calling Spicebaby by various pronouns. He. She. It. Or sometimes, just Baby.

But today is the beginning of my 20th week. For you non-prego readers out there, that means I'm officially halfway through with this crazy incubation period called pregnancy.

And today, I had big-ass ultrasound, which looked at pretty much everything from the baby's heart to its brain to its femur and fingers and toes and spinal cord. The baby was swimming all around in there--kicking and stretching. We even got to see it sucking its thumb!

After a quick scare (more on that later), it was determined that the baby was A-OK.

The ultrasound also revealed the baby's sex, which means that Spicebaby finally has a permanent pronoun.

And even though I have a terrible case of the flu that has caused me to lose my voice entirely, preventing me from calling family and friends with the news, at least I can shout out our fun discovery to the blogosphere:

It's a girl!


Happy Thursday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

It's a Spice Girl! So which name do you like best? Melanie? Posh? Emma? Ginger?

Wow, I know the Spice Girls' names. I think I need to go stick my head in the oven now.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

I'm so glad you are back in the blogging world! I just get so much from reading about your adventures with Spiceboy and Spicebaby and Betty. I'm really excited for you and your new Spice Girl. :-)

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, nothing wrong with Melanie.

Congrats, Spice Momma-to-be!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Yay for baby Spice Girl! I'm so very excited for you guys!! I have boys and will tell you -- girl clothes are SO MUCH cuter! Have fun shopping for her!

Grow, baby, grow!!

9:00 AM  
Blogger kate.d. said...

Spice Girl! omg i love it. love it love it love it.

congrats :)

12:11 PM  
Blogger PeaceLoveMath said...

I have REALLY been enjoying reading your Spicebaby saga! And I wanted to tell you that I watched that cool movie you recommended, for free because I luckily have netflix, and liked it a lot. Are you going to try a natural birth?

Congratulations on your Spice Girl! SO exciting. I can't wait to hear more.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home