Monday, April 28, 2008

In the Moment

I could torture myself about what I did last week.

Did I walk too much?

Climb too many stairs?

Not drink enough water?

Did I eat too many hot dogs at Gray's Papaya?

I could freak out about what will happen tomorrow.

Or next week.

Or next month.

But that's the funny thing about this situation: I can't control what happens tomorrow or next week or next month. I can only focus on today, and be grateful.

My doctor said, "Your body will go into labor when it wants to go into labor. You could deliver this baby next week, or you could carry this baby full term. We just don't know."

Until then, I'll take each good moment as it comes.

I haven't had any contractions today.

And right now, Spicebaby is kicking me right beneath my bellybutton with such force that my belly is moving up and down with each kick, as if to prove to me that she is so, so strong.