Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Snack

The last few weeks have been busy, impossible, insane. I ended one job yesterday, and I begin a new one tomorrow (more on that soon).

In other news, Alice has started crawling, and Spiceboy and I spend every waking second chasing her across our tiny apartment, prying forbidden objects from her tiny, sticky hands.

I've also started giving her Cheerios, more as a distraction than anything else, as the Cheerios usually wind up on her bib or stuck to her bottom rather than in her mouth.

Tonight as I was putting Alice down for bed, she rolled onto her side with a sweet little sigh, exposing the back of her chubby thigh. Stuck to it was a lone Cheerio.

I leaned over her for a few moments, as I always do, just listening to her breathe. Then I kissed the top of her head, plucked the Cheerio ever-so-gently from her thigh, and popped it into my mouth.