Thursday, May 04, 2006

Q is for Quit

Okay, so recap:

1. Last week, my wedding caterer quit.
2. Yesterday, one of my favorite coworkers quit.
3. Today, one of my authors quit.

After receiving this last bit of news, I did the only thing I knew how to do:

I took the elevator to the ground floor.
I walked out onto the sunny streets and looked up at the blue sky.
I walked to the nearest Tasti D-Lite.
I ordered a big cup of Cake Batter ice cream--complete with rainbow sprinkles.
I walked to a nearby park, sat on a bench in the sunshine, and ate it.
I sat still for a moment or two, and let New York happen around me.

I feel a little bit better now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Paperback Writer said...

!!!

I'm so sorry!!!

Ekk!!!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Lisa Ann said...

A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! Rainbow sprinkles are my favorite.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

oh my! your caterer quit after all that hooplah with the napkins?? i think that's more upsetting than the work stuff. i think the ice cream was exactly the right remedy.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wtf!?!? your caterer quit? how does that happen? have you replaced her?

i'm so sorry!! that is shitty!

ice cream is the cure all!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Well, now you can use spiceboy's food, right?

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home