Sunday, January 15, 2006

Weekend Observations

Pennslyvania:
I drove to Pennsylvania this weekend to attend the wedding of a close friend.

The bad news is, I had to attend the wedding sans spiceboy, as he had to hold down the fort at Spice World, his lovely and very busy restaurant.

The good news is, I've kidnapped spiceboy and brought him back to Manattan, where I am holding him hostage until Tuesday morning, when I must return to work in midtown and he must return to work in Pennsylvania. Ah, the joys of a long distance relationship.

A few observations about this weekend:

1. Nothing makes you realize that you're hurtling toward adulthood more quickly than seeing your friend in a big white dress.

2. Nothing makes you realize that you're hurtling toward your own wedding day (and that you are light years behind schedule in planning) more quickly than seeing your friend in a big white dress.

3. Attending a wedding solo can be really fun.

4. The hotel room I slept in last night was bigger than my apartment.

Food Love:

If I had to pick a last meal, that meal would be: sweetbreads with grilled fennel and bay leaf donuts (served with creme catalana) from Casa Mono.

If you haven't been to Casa Mono yet, then drop everything you're doing and GO RIGHT NOW.

I promise you'll be glad you did.

That's all. Good night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, thanks for the new authors to read! Was just thinking it was time to pick up some new books...

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home