Monday, May 15, 2006

Goodbye, Black Cardigan Sweater

First, an update from the last post:

I got home on time, and everything worked out A-OK. The massage was great and things have been...regular...ever since.

And now, onto today's order of business:

I don't know where I left you, black cardigan sweater. Was it at that bar in Brooklyn? Or the backseat of the cab on Saturday night?

I will miss you, black cardigan sweater. You were perfectly worn in and you never disappointed me. I could wear you with jeans, or with a skirt. I could dress you up with a fun scarf and black sequined ballet flats, or I could dress you down with a t-shirt and sneakers. You were just light enough to provide warmth without making me feel claustrophic. You got me through many a too-cold movie theater and many a long tough work meeting.

And through it all, you always looked good. You never pilled, or stretched, or faded.

So goodbye, black cardigan sweater, wherever you are.

3 Comments:

Blogger J said...

If you find it, can you check to see if it's with my plaid sock? I'm missing one and I am sure they're in cahoots.... ;)

J

3:23 PM  
Blogger A Novelist said...

I HATE losing articles of clothing, especially if they were A)expensive/couture or B)a piece that I could wear many different ways.

I hope somehow your sweater finds its way back to you - if not, you have the perfect excuse to go shopping! :)

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good God Woman! I thought you abandoned us. I'm glad to hear you're all better now. Look at the Black cardigan sweater this way ~ You enjoyed it for a time, and now someone else will be kept warm by it. Material things are always in flux in the universe. (I want some sox that don't pill)

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home