Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Faux Celebrity Sightings

I have terrible luck spotting celebrities on the streets of Manhattan, where they supposedly roam wild and free.

While my friends report fun celeb encounters such as bumping into Sarah Jessica Parker or eating breakfast next to Josh Hartnett or dinner next to Marissa Tomei, the only celebrity sighting I've made since moving here in August was Howard Stern walking his dog on the Upper West Side.

Since I have such bad celeb spotting luck, spiceboy and I often amuse ourselves by fabricating celebrity sightings.

The faux celebrity sightings of this weekend were:

1. Elijah Wood at Casa Mono
2. Anthony Bourdain at Sugar Sweet Sunshine
3. Lenny Kravitz at Supper

3 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

My mom drank beer on a beach in Delaware with Matthew McConaughey this summer. He and his pals just parked next to my mom and her pals on the beach! I never saw a single famous person on the streets of New York, but there was my mom drinking Michelobe with MM. Some people just have better celebrity luck I guess.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i really don't think that i'd be able to spot one. i think i'd be so consumed with trying to and i never would. my girlfriends are better at it than I am and so is my Mutha. she sees Jermaine Dupree and Usher all the time at the mall. keep in mind we are in georgia, but our locals are fun too!
my girlfriend and i thought we had spotted Issac Mizrahi while in NYC last year, but alas, it was a poser trying to mock the designer! natch!

1:32 PM  
Blogger artdetective said...

A perennial favorite game of mine is casting people in the "movie of my life", should it ever be made. That way, everyone is a faux celebrity.

One time when I was fourteen I saw Judd Nelson and Brooke Shields riding bicycles on my dirt road. For real.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home