Sunday, January 22, 2006

You Know You're a Slacker Bride When:

Your New Year's resolution is to start planning your June wedding

You still refer to your guy as your boyfriend b/c fiance has too many syllables (and when you type the word, you can't get an accent mark over the "e")

Your wedding dress isn't really a wedding dress, and you bought it off the rack

You're not interested in looking at champagne flutes unless
they're filled with champagne

You don't own a single wedding book or wedding magazine

Someone had to tell you that FH means future husband NOT first husband

China patterns make you dizzy

You redesign your blog instead of doing wedding stuff

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

We got married at the courthouse. I wore a flowered skirt and a pink sweater. We went to a bakery afterwards because the courthouse was near the place that had the "good" doughnuts. We had a fancy dinner that night then flew to the cruise the next day. 3 weeks later, his parents threw us a party that we did not plan any of. I was the ultimate in slackerbridedom.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

I LOVE wedding dresses that aren't really wedding dresses! Can't wait for the photos.

4:45 PM  
Blogger kate.d. said...

i second the sentiment about non-wedding dress wedding dresses. buck the trend!

if i ever do get married, i think that will be my motto. that, or damn the man. i haven't decided yet.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

don't even get me started on wedding crap. i'm over it. they don't tell you that you will fight with everyone while planning the damned thing. i'll be sure and fill you in on everything you need to know in a few days. i'm wishing we had eloped.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alt+0233 = é

Important parts of a wedding: Bride, Groom, Officiant. Everything else is gravy.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a slacker bride. Bought an ivory satin tea dress off the clearance rack at Sears for $50. My mother made a veil from silk flowers and some $5 netting. Got married in December, probably started planning the wedding in earnest in June. Had it over Christmas so the church would already be decorated. The night before the wedding we were handwriting placecards. The day of the wedding I was cranky and didn't want to get up after having slept on the lumpy old couch in my room (which I was sharing with my bridesmaid). I didn't want a wedding. All I wanted to do was be married.

The wedding (or what I remember of it) went off amazingly well. It's been fourteen years and we expect another happy fifty or more.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home