Thursday, February 02, 2006

Just One Little Thing...

Despite the hiatus, this morning I have something to say.

spiceboy has been in Pittsburgh since the beginning of December, tending to things at Spice World. Because of his schedule, it's almost impossible for him to get back to New York. And because of my schedule, it's almost impossible for me to get back to Pittsburgh. As you can probably tell, this is not an ideal situation.

For the most part, I've been doing okay with it. I just go about my days and try not to think about it too much. I also try to look on the bright side at all of the silly things I can do when he's gone:

When he's gone, I can get up in the morning and turn on very last light in the apartment and blast the radio while I'm showering.

When he's gone, I can go to the bathroom with the door open.

When he's gone, I can fling my wet towels across the bed and it doesn't bother anyone.


But sometimes, like now, when I walk out the bathroom and I can see the sun shining off of the buildings across the street and I can hear the constant noise of the city outside, I can't help but notice how still the apartment is.

And then it hits me like a wave.

When he's gone, I miss him terribly.

11 Comments:

Blogger kate.d. said...

not to sound too much like the poster of the kitten holding on to the tree branch, but hang in there. i can imagine that the last two months have been very hard, but hopefully there's a light at the end of the tunnel, right? i'm sure you two will sort all the back-and-forth out eventually.

oh, and one other recommendation for when boys are gone: watch as many bad lifetime movies as possible! preferably with popcorn and/or drinks involving hard liquor.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

ooh! I ate at Spice World the other day. I had the chicken satay and it was SUPERB! I know how hard it is to be long distance. Hopefully Southwest will soon fly into JFK and you can do $39 flights...

11:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It must be very tough for you! I did a long distant relationship for about a year. It is true what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder. I am now going to vomit, I can't believe I just said that!

12:23 PM  
Blogger cynic1 said...

I am sorry to hear it's so difficult for you, but TURN OFF THOSE LIGHTS! Electricity doesn't grow on trees, you know!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

I feel you. I'm on month seven of a one-year long-distance relationship. It's really hard sometimes, at odd small moments like the one you described.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Awwww. Having had the pleasure of spending time with the two of you together, I can only imagine how bummed you feel when he's not around.

But yeah. Hang in there, darlin'. I know how you feel. It's tough going long stretches not seeing the person you love.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Aw. :( Focus on the good things! Like that bathroom thing! And that you WILL see him again.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're flinging your wet towels on the bed again?

1:34 AM  
Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

I know what you mean. TheBoy is gone for 6 days, and I feel like a wimp cause I miss him so much already.

1:54 PM  
Blogger artdetective said...

Hang in there. You have blog friends who love you! And I'd be careful what you reveal, with Spiceboy checking in. :)

You'll be sooo happy when you're back together. Something to look forward to.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Redhead Editor said...

Thanks for visiting. Now I shall visit you if only in blogland.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home