Monday, May 29, 2006

Ho-Down

It is early Monday morning. I am in bed at spiceboy's mom's house in Pittsburgh. My terrible cold is mostly gone, with the the help of massive amounts of antibiotics and water.

Tonight I had my bachelorette party. At first, I was very resistant to any sort of traditional shower or bachelorette party, so my wonderful and very patient friends threw me a Ho-Down instead. What's a Ho-Down, you ask? Well, the idea was birthed a couple of months ago at a group booze-fest we held at Otto in NYC. Why is it called a Ho-Down? We don't know. But it sounds better than "bachelorette party", right?

Basically, the Ho-Down involved massive amounts of the things I love best: champagne, cheese, chocolate (in the form of a dark chocolate fountain), and lots of hilarious pooping stories.

By the end of the night, I was wearing a cowboy hat, a handmade veil, a shirt that said "69" (which was justified b/c it is the year of spiceboy's birth), and a banner that said "bitch, please" (my favorite slogan ever).

Please forgive me if this post isn't making much sense. I'm just drunk enough that I can't tell (but not too drunk to try to post!).

Was it a great party?

It was soooooo a great party.

I can't believe the wedding is in 5 days.

7 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

now did someone OWN this fabulous fountain of chocolate? or did you have to rent it? wouldn't it be lovely to have a chocolate fountain in the garden or the living room at all times?

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun... I like the Ho-Down tag too :) Tell me the chocolate foutain was an early wedding present...

10:08 AM  
Blogger kate.d. said...

glad to hear that you're feeling better! enjoy the week...and the weddding, if we don't hear from you before then!!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Yum....chocolate fountain...

Hey! My husband is around the same age as Spice Boy!

:)

8:08 PM  
Blogger Bored Housewife said...

The fountain of chocolate is like manna...from heaven...

I can't believe it's already here!

Good luck with all the details, and try to just relax and enjoy it!! Congratulations!

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUM! Champagne, chocolate and CHEESE! I'm so jealous, yet so happy for you because it sounds like the best ho-down ever (from this point on it shall be known as BHDE). Will be in NYC for my new ink soon! Don't forget! Would love to have a night at Otto with you, Spiceboy, Shorty and AM! Food and wine galore! I'm so excited for the two of you and can't wait to hear stories and see pictures of what I'm sure will be a most glorious day! Love you! I mean it!

PS...tell Spiceboy I'm planting the hot peppers this week. I'm still gonna take him up on that hot sauce offer!

1:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sounds liek a great time! my girls dressed me up in penis gear, hilarity did not ensue! i wish we would have taken your route!!

good luck saturday and congrats!!!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home