Thursday, May 25, 2006

It's 9 Days Until the Wedding and...

I’m sick.

That’s right—sick. Runny nose, itchy eyes, sore throat, coughing sneezing, snuffling, disgusting germy sick.

I’m hardly the picture of a glowing bride-to-be. Unless your definition of a glowing bride-to-be includes boxes of Kleenex and a nose as red as Rudolph’s.

I’ve had a full-blown sinus infection since Saturday. I’ve been pumping massive amounts of decongestants and antibiotics into my system, and I’m making progress, but slowly.

To make matters worse, my dear sweet little sister is in town with me, and instead of skipping around Manhattan, exploring and causing trouble and making public scenes (as my sister and I are wont to do when we’re together), we spend most evenings in my apartment propped up in bed, and she entertains me with various pooping stories (my sister’s pooping stories are some of the greatest I’ve ever heard) while I cough and blow my nose and whine.

All in all, it hasn’t been a great week. But I'd rather be sick this week than next, right?

More soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Ann said...

Think positive thoughts. Feel better real soon.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Paperback Writer said...

~Positive thoughts~

~Positive thoughts~

~Positive thoughts~

~Positive thoughts~

2:47 PM  
Blogger A Novelist said...

Oh no! Sorry you're not feeling well. I'm sure you'll be better before your wedding next week. :)

4:57 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Oh geez. Well, as you said, better this week than next.

Eeep!

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure that you'll shape up just in time for the wedding... nine days is still quite a bit of time. Where are you honeymooning??

2:05 AM  
Blogger artdetective said...

Too bad about your sister visiting while you are sick, but as you point out, better now than next week. In 9 days you'll be fine!

I'm curious about the pooping stories...

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's GREAT news that this is hitting you now and not 8 days from now. By then it will have run its course and you'll feel like a million bucks!

7:56 PM  
Blogger kate.d. said...

oh my gosh, it's almost monday! how are you feeling??

your loyal readers need a wedding health watch update!! :)

(like you're not stressed out enough already, right...)

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home