Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Pooping Renaissance

By now, most of you know about my issues.

Yeah, we're back to that again.

With the stress of the wedding week bearing down on me and a to-do list a mile long, I really didn't plan on pooping much this week. I mean, I can't even poop when my stress is at a normal level, so now that the stress is at such explosive levels that I'm practically vibrating, I was prepared for the worst, poop-wise.

But I've gotten a pleasant surprise this week. Things are surprisingly...normal. Maybe it's the humid Pittsburgh air. Maybe it's the 80 gallons of water I'm drinking every day because I'm dehydrated from the antibiotics from my cold. Maybe it's the fact that I visited the Whole Foods salad bar a few days ago and ate about 6 lbs of quinoa.

But whatever it is, this is fantastic. It's stupdendous. It's amazing. I'm having a Pooping Renaissance! It's really the best wedding present Mother Nature could ever give me.

Now if she would only change the forecast to sunny on Saturday instead of this, I'll be all set.

8 Comments:

Blogger Joan said...

I'm a bit of a lurker, but I wanted to congratulate you on your upcoming wedding, and your last bowel movement.

I wonder if Hallmark has a card for such an event?

11:54 AM  
Blogger XY said...

We went to a wedding in Pittsburgh 3 years agao and it rained the morning of then turned into a beautiful day! It even rained for about 15 minutes during my reception on my wedding day and both weddings were perfect and the marriages are great! I wish you the very best! And love the blog!!!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

when i went to maine for a wedding 2 weeks ago, it had been pouring rain for a month straight. BUT they got a 3 hour window of beautiful sunny skies for the ceremony. i feel certain you will get a window!

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. Seems to me some wise fan of yours said water was the trick weeks ago. But I'm glad your feeling it's affects now. What else was I going to say...hmmm.... OH MY GOD ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT!!!! AND THERE'S SO MUCH TO DO!!!!

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, when I'm stressed I can't STOP pooping... at least you don't have that problem :)

9:27 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Oh, dear Jesus, let's just hope the pooping thing doesn't go to the other extreme. There are only so many things you need to explain to your dry cleaner.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Hooray!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think that's bad? I've been in Pittsburgh for a week and still haven't been to a Pirates game! And I'm not even a Pirates fan!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home