Friday, June 02, 2006

The Only Quiet Time I'll Have Today...

It's 6:45 and I'm wide awake. This is mostly b/c my nervous stomach woke me up. But I'm actually glad--this will be the only alone time I have all day long, so I'm trying to savor it. The good news is that I've crossed about 5 pages off of my to-do list. The bad news is that I still have about 3 more pages to get through by rehearsal time, which is at 4pm at The Mattress Factory, which is where I'm getting married.

It's where I'm getting married.

I'm getting married. In a day. To spiceboy.

The whole thing still blows my fucking mind.

It's so cool.

I am typing this from my childhood bedroom in BEAVER COUNTY, Pennsylvania, which has now been turned into my Mom and Dad's computer room.

I'm having trouble organizing my thoughts today, so I'm just going to babble.

The house smells delicious--like sugar and butter. My mom baked cupcakes for my wedding yesterday. 204 of them, all topped with buttercream icing so delicious you could eat an entire bowl of it by itself. And I would, if my stomach didn't hurt so much from nerves. The cupcakes are lined up downstairs in neat little rows of yellow, lilac, pink and green, and they look like something out of a magazine.

Yesterday, I learned that I screwed up the seating chart--I thought the dinner tables for the reception sat 10-12 people. They only sat 8-10.

Oops.

Last night, my sister and I stayed up until past 1 am, alternately making up the place cards for the tables and making each other laugh.

My sister is the only person on earth who can make me laugh so hard that when I'm taking a sip of water, I'll spit it out all over the floor. And then she'll laugh with me while she helps me clean it up. She is my best friend, she has been a source of constant comfort to me these last weeks, and she has the best heart of just about anyone I know. Just in case I forget to tell her later: I love you, Drea. You're splendid. Thank you for keeping me centered and making me laugh.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get a cup of coffee and go down to my parents' gorgeous back porch, which looks out over a yard and a field and a stretch of woods. I'm going to sit on the big old wooden porch swing, which my dad's friend made from the wood of an old barn, and I'm going to enjoy this quiet moment.

More later, if I get the chance.

Happy Friday!

12 Comments:

Blogger Paperback Writer said...

I can't believe that you're getting married at the Mattress Factory! I love that place!

Congratulations!!!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Love you, sweetheart! My best to you and Spiceboy. Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend!!!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yay! you are getting married tomorrow!!! how exciting! i hope you enjoyed your last peaceful minutes of the day!

congrats tomorrow!

10:49 AM  
Blogger kate.d. said...

oh my gosh, i am so happy for you! i don't even know you, but i really am! :)

enjoy it all, the quiet moments and the crazy ones...

congratulations to you and spiceboy!!

10:51 AM  
Blogger artdetective said...

Sending all best wishes and thoughts your way. Your post brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations!!!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

The Mattress Factory is awesome! Good luck tomorrow and have fun!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations East Side Girl. I wish you both the very best happiness. Enjoy a great honeymoon and we all look forward to reading new posts when you return.

~John

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful wedding day!

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Right now you're MARRIED!!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Frida K said...

All the best to you and Spiceboy! And I hope this blog continues!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

I hope the weekend was fabulous for you. Congratulations!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Yay! East Side Girl and Spiceboy are married now!! What direction will this blog take next? Can we read about pooping every day now?

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home